Reason does not always prevail. Our Founder has tried cases to verdict or argued appeals in eight states and litigated in many others. For example:
- Representing a dermatopathologist who sought freedom from a contract with a large corporation so that he could start his own dermatopathology laboratory. He won the right to compete and recovered the majority of his fees and costs after four years of litigation spanning Georgia and Florida.
- Winning a federal jury verdict after a three-week trial on behalf of a well-known Atlanta media company in an age and national origin discrimination case filed by a former television anchor.
- Obtaining an agreed dismissal for no dollars in an action against clients who were alleged to have misappropriated confidential information in starting a competing restaurant business.
- Convincing a federal jury that a dwarf who worked as a taxi starter at an airport was not a victim of employment discrimination or unlawful harassment under the ADA.
- Negotiating a consent judgment against a former employee of a service industry client for taking and using confidential information to start a competing business, based largely on computer forensics.
- Both winning and stopping injunctions in restrictive covenant and trade secret cases filed by employers against their former employees.
- Prevailing before a federal jury for an auto dealer on sex discrimination claims by a F&I manager who was alleged to be having an affair with her boss.